Pastel Dreams

fashion, style tab, blogger, how to wear pastels, metallic skirt, belted blazer,
Happy Sunday! There may still be snow on the ground, but my closet is ready to shed its winter skin. Enter my new favorite color palette for spring: pastels. I feel like pastels are always a huge hit in the spring, and even more so thanks to Louis Vuitton's 2012 collection, but this year I seem to find them a little more edgy and a little less girly. From tough-looking pieces like moto jackets in ice cream hues to rainbow ombré hair and nails, the possibilities with pastels are endless.

I chose to pair black and metallic accents with my color blocked blazer and envelope clutch to complement the sugar-y hues without looking like a walking Easter egg. (You may recognize the metallic skirt from a post I did last summer.) I've also been growing my bangs out and they've finally reached that awkward length where I don't really know what to do with them. I usually just to a little twist off to one side to keep them at bay, but today I thought why not do one big super twist? I really like how it turned out. What do you think? And as a disclaimer I'm not trying to do the ombré hair thing here. I made a pact with myself last August not to dye my hair for a year because it really needed a break so this has been the outcome so far. Not my fave look, but I think I can make it 'til the end of the summer. (fingers crossed) P.S. you can also check out my Pastel Dreams board for more inspiration! Now, if you'd excuse me I need to go catch up on my hour of sleep I lost last night ;)
fashion, style tab, blogger, how to wear pastels, tortoise shell sunglasses, ombre hair, fashion, style tab, blogger, how to wear pastels, leather jacket, metallic skirt fashion, style tab, blogger, chloe and isabel, chevron necklace, fashion, style tab, blogger, how to wear pastels fashion, style tab, blogger, how to wear pastels fashion, style tab, blogger, arm party fashion, style tab, blogger, how to wear pastels
The Look:

Blazer
: Forever 21 (similar)
Skirt: Vintage
Belt: Francesca's (similar)
Shoes: Bakers (similar)
Tights: American Eagle (similar)
Sunnies: UO
Bag: Charlotte Russe (similar)
Shorter necklace: Chloe + Isabel


5 comments:

  1. loving the skirt and clutch, pastels are purely perfect right now so feminine and romantic for spring! mint and blush are especially favorites of mine xo

    http://myotherclosetiscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. couldn't agree more megan! I'm also a big fan of mint. thanks for reading! xo

      Delete
  2. Love pastel colors! Nice outfit!

    Do you like to follow eachother on GFC?
    Please let me know ;)

    http://fashionoase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. completely LOVING your hair here!!! & love the mixing of pastels! So pretty!

    xo Jackie
    ...livingaftermidnite
    Enter my mark. Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete