Pajama Party

style tab, fashion, harem pants, neon shirt, leopard grip clutch, nantasket beach, massachusetts
Happy Sunday! Yesterday I woke up to sunshine and it felt like I hadn't seen the sun in years. I guess you could say I'm just a tad bit excited for spring. Speaking of spring I've decided to fully embrace the harem/pajama/aladdin pant trend that was all over the spring runways of designers such as Diane von Furstenberg, Tommy Hilfiger and Stella McCartney. Although this trend might not be for everyone, I must admit it's one of the most comfortable ones I've ever tried. I bought these tie-front harem pants along with a leopard print pair from Forever 21 a few weeks ago and they're surprisingly versatile. But let's be real, you can't just hop out of bed and take you're pjs to the streets. Some key things to consider before stepping out in this trend? Fit, fabric and style.

I'm partial to high-waisted styles, obvi, but there's a variety of styles out there for everyone. You can go the more understated track pant route like Inherited Jeans, streamlined structure like Doll Parade or silky playful prints like The Girl With The Messy Hair. The other glaring issue is how do you incorporate pants that are usually reserved for lazy Sundays into your daily wardrobe? It's important to have a balance of proportions and structured lines -- especially if you're on the shorter side. For my look, cinching at the waist pulls together the loose fabrics of both the pants and top. I'd also pair these pants with a tailored blazer or cropped jacket. A nice pair of tall high heels can't hurt either ;) What do you guys think of this trend? Will you be trying it out this spring or keeping your pjs indoors?
style tab, fashion, harem pants, neon shirt, leopard grip clutch, nantasket beach, massachusetts
style tab, leopard grip clutch, fashion style tab, fashion, leopard grip clutch, urban outfitters, deena and ozzy,
The Look:

Top: Similar
Pants: Forever 21 (similar)
Clutch: Urban Outfitters
Heels: Calvin Klein (similar)
Sunglasses: Urban Outfitters
Necklace/Bracelet: H&M

15 comments:

  1. just became your newest follower and am obsessed with your style. i love trying new trends and think if there's a way to where pjs outside im game. loving the waistline of this pair, would a tucked in sleeveless top work too? like a tank or spaghetti strap? with strappy heeled sandals? cant wait to read more would love love to have you follow xo

    http://myotherclosetiscouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey megan, thanks for the follow! Yes, I love would definitely do a sleeveless top and strappy sandals. I'll be sure to check out your blog- love the name :) xo!

      Delete
  2. where is this? i'm dying to be on a beach right now, i don't care how cold it is!

    i'm loving these pants and that clutch is absolutely to die for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia! This is at Nantasket beach in Hull, MA. It was absolutely freezing haha Spring needs to hurry up and get here!

      Delete
  3. Great look! I love your clutch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very specific, but I adore it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your purse is freaking amazing! Love the little jaguar!
    -P.
    Bowtie Diary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I just love your clutch. I've seen a lot, similar to that with 4 rings as the handle. I love the jaguar instead! I love the trick you did with the first photo - so cool! xoLili

    www.satinandscotch.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gooooooorgeous. Love this look. I am TOTES having a pajama moment after the Louis Vuitton show. I am literally going to wear my PJ's during the day...so haute right now ;)

    xoxo
    www.PardonMyFashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love you simple elegant style. And I'm a big fan of the pajama-inspired look.
    http://romancesociety.com/

    ReplyDelete