Ways To Wear: A Holiday Party Dress

ways to wear a holiday dress
‘Tis the season to search endlessly for the best shopping deals, dress yourself up in head to toe sequins and be merry! At least that’s how I tend to act during the holidays… But seriously, the time of the year can be a pretty crazy and if you’re as popular as I know you are, I bet you have a few parties to attend. That means you’ll probably have to get a few new (expensive) party dresses too, right? Wrong! Today’s ways to wear is dedicated to showing you how to get the most out of your favorite party dress so it doesn’t start collecting dust in your closet after your first soiree.

Like I said earlier, I’m all about sparkle during the holidays. So when I made a spontaneous trip to Marshall’s the other day and saw this metallic gold dress, it was love at first sight. It’s pretty enough on its own for a party, but subtle enough to dress down for a more causal setting, which makes for a very versatile dress! So, I’ve tested out 4 looks for the price of one and I hope you find this helpful and/or inspiring for your holiday attire.

P.S.  I’ve reached 100 Google followers and I’m so pumped about it! I would like to thank you, if you’re a regular reader or just randomly browsing, for visiting Style Tab and hope you will continue to do so in the future :) how to wear a party dress, sweater with a dress, holiday dress, blogger
WITH A SWEATER: Mixing textures is always a fun way to spice up an outfit without having to do anything drastic. Layering a chunky sweater over your dress is a great way to tone down the fancy factor, but is still dressy enough for a dinner date or happy hour.
ways to wear, party dress, how to wear a holiday dress essie, stroke of brilliance, nail polish holiday dress, blogger, style tab, how to wear, shirt with a dress, drop waist, WITH A FORM FITTING SHIRT/TUNIC:  For this look I wanted to completely transform the silhouette of the dress. You can achieve this by layering a form-fitting top or tunic over it so that a little bit of the bottom can peak out for that drop waist appearance. It’s like having two dresses in one! 
topknot, shirt with a dress, holiday dress, ways to wear dress with a belt, holiday dress, dress with tights, metallic dress, ways to wear
WITH A STATEMENT ACCESSORY: This option is definitely the quickest and easiest way to update your dress. I opted for a bright belt since the mesh neckline had enough going on already. You want to pair your dress with something unique, but will also complement the dress. Other fun options: lace tights, chandelier earrings or a bold lip!
metallic dress, top knot, blogger dress with a t-shirt, ways to wear, holiday dress, v-neck, blogger
WITH A T-SHIRT: Whether it's graphic or solid, scoop neck or v-neck t-shirts are always one of my go-to items. Pairing one with a party dress may seem a bit strange, but it's actually makes for a fun, unexpected look! I chose an American Apparel v-neck so the neckline of my dress wouldn't be hidden. When you pair a tee with a dress it's important to cinch at the waist to give your look some shape. I decided to knot my shirt in the middle, but adding a belt is just as easy.
american apparel v-neck, how to wear a t-shirt with a dress

14 comments:

  1. i love how you included the books in this.
    cute outfits!

    xoxo
    loveisalittlenumber.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of all your Ways to Wear posts! I would have never thought of any of this!

    Love always,
    Mona
    http://behind-her-pretty-face.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you mona! i'm glad you enjoy them :)

      xo!

      Delete
  3. cutest post in the history of the world. i love remixing holiday dresses because i can't always afford to buy a new one for every year or every holiday party. i'm officially on a hunt for a chunky sweater to wear with my velvet dress! also, i'm positively obsessed with your earrings.

    writeslikeagirlblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks nicole!! i like texture mixing ideas :)

      Delete
  4. Love this! First you are so adorable, and I love how you incorporated the books into your post. I think my favorite option is with the pink belt, the detailed top of your dress is just darling!

    Kate
    www.allthingskate.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations for making it into this week Links a la mode!! Great outfit ideas!
    ❤ xoxo ❤

    TheFashioniStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the LALM selection - The post is a great idea. I've got too many party dresses sitting in the back of the cupboard waiting for their next chance. Thanks for sharing!

    Devon
    InformedStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post is wonderful! I just recently found your blog via pinterest.. It is probably going to be my newest obsession. I have so many clothes in my closet I have no idea what to do with, especially the cocktail dresses I've only worn once!

    Thank you for sharing!
    Nicole
    talesofabulimic.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking.

    Summer Dresses

    ReplyDelete