Tulle Time

tulle, tutu, how to wear
In the midst of starting work in the real world last week, I was stuck in the predicament that always occurs this time of year, "What am I going to be for Halloween?" My original costume idea would need to be purchased and frankly, I was in no situation to be buying a Halloween costume. So I racked my brain and scanned the internet for a DIY costume that I could make from my closet. I came across an article on Chictopia, about how to pull off the Carrie Bradshaw tutu look. How had the quintessential city girl not crossed my mind? I had a year old tulle dress from H&M that I'd been neglecting that I could wear, curl my hair and voila! But then I thought, "Why stop at just a Halloween costume? I can wear this dress in real, everyday life!" My 5 year old ballerina self would be so proud.

Tulle and tutu looks can be really hard to pull off when it's not Halloween, but here's how I wore mine! I paired a black cardigan over the dress to add some contrast so I didn't look like the pinkest princess in all the land. To balance out the girly feel, I decided on animal print tights and my heavily worn boots courtesy of Bakers for a little bit of edge. Of course no outfit is complete without a little bit of sparkle! I topped off the look with some necklaces from H&M and the local Delaware boutique, Clothes In The Past Lane.

For more inspiration on how to wear this trend be sure to check out my Tulle Time collection on Lockerz! 
style tab, tulle skirt, how to wear a tutu, blogger tulle skirt, how to wear, ways to wear, style tab
leopard tights
statement necklace leopard print boots, bakers shoes style tab, blogger, tulle skirt, tutu

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I have this same dress haha, I've also only worn it as a costume but maybe I will try it for a regular day too! Good idea to layer it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks stacey! hope you're doing well :)

    ReplyDelete