DIY // Pretty Painted Pumpkins

diy, painted pumpkin, modern pumpkin, halloween,
Happy Monday! Halloween is only 9 days away and what better way to get in the holiday/fall spirit than with some pretty painted pumpkins. After seeing fashionable pumpkins on Refinery29 last year, I definitely wanted to get in on the DIY action this season. I'm not too handy with sharp objects so I opted out of carving and stuck to paint brushes. I grabbed all of my supplies at Michael's for around $30 (see my shopping list at the bottom of this post). I must admit this became a bigger project than I expected it to, but I'm really happy how these little guys (and one big guy) came out!

polka dot pumpkin, stylish pumpkin, diy, painted pumpkin glitter pumpkin, diy, metallic pumpkin diy, painted pumpkin, argyle pumpkin metallic pumpkin, gold pumpkin, glitter pumpkin, diy painted pumpkin, chevron pumpkin, metallic, diy, halloween
painted pumpkin, metallic silver pumpkin, chevron pumpkin, mini pumpkins, painted pumpkins, diy painted pumpkins, diy, fashion pumpkin, modern pumpkin, pretty pumpkin
A few tips:
-For the chevron and argyle designs, I found that drawing out the designs first made it way easier to paint and with minimal mistakes.
-For the glitter designs, I sprinkled the glitter on to each one while the paint was still wet so I didn't have to use glue.
-I spray painted the blue and green pumpkins in white first so that the paint color would be more vibrant.
-If I had to do it all over again, I would invest in more spray paint and in different colors. It makes the overall painting process a bit simpler and faster.
things organized neatly
What I used (all from Michael's):
-Craft Smart Acrylic Paint in Lime Green, Bright Magenta, Violet & Peacock Blue
-Dazzling Metallics Paint in Splendid Gold
-Americana Gloss Enamels Acrylic Paint in Razzle Berry
-Krylon spray paint in Metallic Silver & Satin White
-Multicolor glitter pack
-Kid's brush set
-Pen & Pencil

10 comments:

  1. Those pumpkins are amazing =) what a lovely post and blog, I am a new follower on GFC. Kisses from Italy and I invite you to visit my blog ;)

    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you vale! LOVE your leopard coat, I followed you on bloglovin :)

      Delete
  2. You have a great blog. Very unique style. I will for sure visit your blog on a regular basis. Hope you can also visit my blog www.instyleforless.org I will be thrilled if you like and follow my blog. Haley www.instyleforless.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen pumpkins like this! I absolutely love it


    I have a giveaway going on if you're interested!
    http://www.thefinebalance.net/2012/10/bracelet-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! your blog is adorable I followed you on bloglovin :)

      Delete
  4. These are super cute! I love DIY and I love Fall and you just put my two favorite things together! I'm brand spanking new to blogging so I'd love if you could visit my blog!

    http://sweetandsublime.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete